Friday, March 09, 2007

Ethanol, it's a win win!

Well it may not be the electric car of the future that was killed by GM and oil exec's in the 80's, but any alternative fuel that reduces the need for oil is ok by me. And if that same fuel source can be a thorn in the side of animal agriculture and those who support them by consuming and buying meat products... well that's just icing on the vegan cake!!



So it is with much glee (and trust me, I usually don't have glee) that I inform my readers (yes, both of you) that....

Ethanol Demand is Driving Up Meat Prices

Some notable highlights:
"The average price of corn...is $3.20 a bushel, up from $2 last year."
"Meat and poultry production will fall as producers face higher feed costs" (ed- production? really?... are they 'manufacturing' meat?)

Here's to the upward trend continuing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home