Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Searching for Vegan Brownies Leads me to Veggie Magic, Raw Organic Cafe

Chocolate cravings led me to the new Veggie Magic, Sarasota's only, raw, organic cafe.



Yesterday, I sent out an announcement that Metro would be carrying vegan brownies. Later in the day I was informed "not until Wednesday." With my chocolate hopes high, I was let down to have to wait. Fortunately for me, Jenna Norwood and her super tech savvy self, responded to my plea from her iphone with a heads up that Veggie Magic not only had vegan brownies, but raw vegan brownies. I have to admit this excited me, so I grabbed Raylon and we headed over there.

Although already in their 3rd week open, this was my first visit to the magic land of raw goodness. Since dessert got me out, but dinner was still a priority we decided to buy lots of items to get a real taste for it. We tried the Mediterranean Cous Cous, Carrot Salad, Magic Patties, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Brownies, and Carrot Cake. Whew!!! Though visually small in size, each item was totally packed with nutrition and flavor. The prices were unbelievably low. It's the kind of meal you can't help but smile the whole time you are eating it. Must be the boys in the back I saw laboring away prepping the next few days food. I asked them if they were putting love in the food, and they said absolutely. I doubt anyone in town cares as much about your nutrition as these folks.





Put this spot on your radar for the quick hunger fix. They have to-go cases, you could run in and run out, if you don't get caught up just standing there smiling. Is Sarasota finally getting hip?

Veggie Magic - 4428 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL 34233
Open Mon-Saturday 11am-8pm 941-377-6209

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where we are going tonight !

 
At Tuesday, 13 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Veggie Magic have tables that you can eat at? Or is it only takeout? (Where are you in that picture?)

 
At Tuesday, 13 November, 2007, Blogger Raylon said...

They do have a couple of tables there, the middle picture gives you an idea. Where is whom? Even in the cell phone pics you should be able to tell who's who :)

 
At Tuesday, 13 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. Thanks for the 411. Chocolate is love made edible. Hugs to all. Anthony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home